Credentials, Education & Achievements
- Master of Arts, Counselling Psychology (2011)
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology & Biology (2009)
- Registered Psychotherapist (R.P., Registration # 004625) – College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Canadian Certified Counsellor (C.C.C., Member #6677) – Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher – 200 hour (RYT-200, ID#: 180167)
Research & Publications
- Lafrance, A., Loizaga-Velder, A. Fletcher, J., Renelli, M., Files, N., & Tupper, K. W. (2017). Nourishing the Spirit: Exploratory Research on Ayahuasca Experiences Along the Continuum of Recovery from Eating Disorders. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. doi:10.1080/02791072.2017.1361559
- Lafrance, A., Loizaga-Velder, A., Fletcher, J., & Brewerton, T. (2017). How the Amazonian Tea Ayahuasca Affects Mental Health. Chacruna.
- Fletcher, J. & Lafrance, A. (2016). 7 Ways to Cultivate Your Ayahuasca Experience. Chacruna.
I provide general counselling and psychotherapy to youth, adults, and families. As a Holistic Psychotherapist and Registered Yoga Teacher, I assist my clients in restoring health in mind, body, emotion, relationship, and spirit. I offer a unique approach, integrating mind-body therapy with practical solution-based tools.
My areas of expertise include the treatment of eating disorders, depression, anxiety, trauma, postpartum depression/anxiety/trauma, self-development, spirituality, and empowering parents to take a significant role in their child’s emotional development or mental health treatment.
I draw from several treatment approaches, tailored to each individual’s needs and preferences. These include Hakomi (a mindfulness-based somatic psychotherapy), Depth Psychology, Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). I use Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) to guide my work with families.
I am supervised by two Registered Psychologists. Session fees are fully or partially reimbursed by most extended insurance providers.
Energy healing restores balance to the body’s subtle energy systems by removing energetic blockages. Once the blockage is removed, energy is free to flow to the area that was blocked, igniting the body’s innate capacity to heal itself. We all experience blockages, most often rooted in old unexpressed emotions or physical traumas. Over time, these blockages can contribute to and maintain emotional, mental, physical, relational, and spiritual suffering.
In addition to the long-term benefits of blockage removal, energy healing is a very relaxing and enjoyable process to experience. Each energy healing session is a “mini ceremony,” which incorporates:
Intention setting for healing
Breath work and deep relaxation
The use of light touch to remove blockages while you relax (or fall asleep!)
Intention setting for integration and maintenance of your healing
Energy healing is a wonderful form of self-care and energetic cleansing, as well as supportive adjunct therapy for those struggling with more serious mental, emotional, or physical health issues.
More about Jenna
I am a published researcher in the field of the indigenous Amazonian plant medicine, Ayahuasca, as a complement or alternative to conventional mental health treatment. I also provide Ayahuasca preparation and integration services.